Extra admission round in August 2012
(for academic year 2012/2013)
There are no more places available in the fulltime foundation year, or at the bachelor departments of Fashion, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Jewellery, Photography and VAV,
but there will be an extra admission round in August for:
DOGtime (part-time bachelor - for 1st year and higher course years) on Thursday, August 23, from 10.00 a.m.;
and for the higher bachelor course year candidates (full-time) at the departments below:
Architectural Design - Wednesday, August 22, from 10.00 a.m.; Ceramics - Thursday, August 23, from 10.00 a.m.; designLAB - Tuesday, August 28, 10.30 a.m.; Glass - Thursday, August 23, from 10.00 a.m.; TxT (Textile) - Thursday, August 23, from 10.00 a.m.
Do you want to apply for the extra admission round in August?
This is only possible if you meet the following requirements:
Candidates for a higher bachelor course year have finished at least 1 bachelor course year at another art academy. Candidates for the 1st year of DOGtime have at least a high school diploma;
Candidates for a higher bachelor course year in our fulltime program have a nationality/passport of one of the countries below.* NOTE: Candidates who want to apply for the fulltime bachelor program and who need to apply for MVV/visa to study at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie (from countries that are not on the list below*) can no longer apply for the academic year 2012/2013!!
- You are available to attend an entrance examination in Amsterdam, at the department of your choice on the above mentioned date in August.
* All candidates from this country list (all EU/EEA and a limited number of additional countries) can still apply; Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
How to apply for the August admission round?
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your e-mail subject should state: "APPLICATION AUGUST ROUND - higher course year, department:....... ", or APPLICATION AUGUST ROUND - DOGtime + year + program choice)”.
- Mention your full name, address and telephone number in your e-mail;
- Attach a copy of your passport or ID-card, and of proof of at least 1 finished first bachelor art academy course year (scanned in jpeg or pdf format). Candidates applying for DOGtime 1st bachelor course year have to send a copy of their high school diploma.
NOTE: Your application will only be considered if you meet the above mentioned requirements and if your e-mail contains the above mentioned information/attachments.
You will receive a confirmation of receipt by e-mail with more information about the entrance examination as soon as possible. All candidates are obliged to attend the entrance examination at our academy in Amsterdam.
If we receive your application e-mail in the period of July 21 – August 13, you might only receive our e-mail confirmation after August 13, due to the summer holidays.